Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Monday, July 18, 2005

Not So Hot Monday

It's burning up in Mississippi! The sun is blazing down, and I wilt every time I step out the door. I've given up on my hair, as the humidity takes its toll. Wall Street cooled off a bit today, with Citigroup reporting less than stellar earnings. This is a big week for earnings announcements, so expect some ups and downs on news. Childhood memories flooded back as I read about Mattel's struggles. Barbie is no longer queen. Harry Potter has taken over, along with Hasbro. Another American mainstay, Maytag, is going by the wayside as suitors line up. Whirlpool is poised to take over the company. Dow -65.84 NASDAQ -11.91 S&P 500 -6.79 Just a breeze! Just one breeze! Somebody, turn up the AC!