Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Friday, March 31, 2006

The End of March Madness

One more weekend to go, and it will all be over. Basketball won't be playing on every television set in the house, at least not for another year. I received a call today from a friend, just wanting to remind me he was an alum of George Mason. George Who? I said. Ahh, yes, the Cinderella story. I told him I'd send flowers if they were left standing after Final Four weekend. In Mississippi, we have our own Cinderella story, of sorts. Delphi, the former GM subsidiary, plans to close 29 of its plants. They will keep only 8 plants open and operating. Two of those are the only two in Mississippi, thank goodness. Markets slipped a bit today, but nothing dramatic. Geaux Baby! Dow -41.30 NASDAQ -1.03 S&P 500 -5.42