Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday!!

Markets turned up today. The Fed started making noises about keeping interest rates the same. This was enough to turn the day around. The Dow was in positive territory, but, percentage-wise, showed the weakest numbers. The broader S&P 500 and the tech-laden NASDAQ gained in the 1/2% range... a good sign. Investors expressed relief at the news. I took a WSJ poll today. It asked if gas prices would affect my summer vacation plans. I said "no." I was in the majority. For all the talk of high fuel prices, the reality is that it doesn't seem to be causing a change in our behavior. I head to the airport tonight to pick up my daughter and her fiancee. I think this is her 4th flight home from NYC in about 4 months... hasn't stopped her. We'll drive to the beach next week for a little R&R... hasn't stopped us. Have a great weekend! Dow +15.77 +0.14% NASDAQ +13.56 +0.62% S&P 500 +5.22 +0.41%