Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Two Cents

A penny just doesn't buy anything anymore. Seems it costs more to make these coins than what they are worth in the store. Congressman Jim Kolbe has plans to eliminate the little one cent wonders. No more finding lucky pennies while strolling along. No more friendly little cups in convenience stores for those extra donated pennies. Pennies are just "feel good" coins. Ahh, it makes me sad. But Wall Street cheered me up today. NASDAQ added almost 2%, while large-caps put in healthy numbers, as well. Keeping up with investor sentiment these days is like watching a tennis match. Speaking of which... I'm upset that I have to get up a 4 am just to catch some of my favorite sport. The French Open is in full swing, but ESPN is not taking note. I guess it's another sign that I'm out of fashion! Dow +91.97 NASDAQ +40.98 S&P 500 +15.62