Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Friday, December 01, 2006

Waiting Till the Last Minute

Traders were cautious today as reports showed the economy might slow, and trading was down. However, there was a very strong rally in the last hour, with the Dow pulling back up 100 points. My toy store, Home Depot, led the way. The home-improvement giant climbed 2.8% after a leaked report claimed a possible buyout. I'm keeping my ears to the ground on this one... Speaking of my ears, they almost froze today. After having beautiful September-like weather all week, today was a cold shock to my body. And I'm not the only one. Flights were canceled and traffic froze all through the midwest during this snowstorm. I'm just glad I have enough hot chocolate to last the weekend! DJIA: -27.80 Nasdaq: -18.56 S&P 500: -3.92