Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Umbrellas in the Forecast

It got dark in a matter of minutes at our office today. The forecast said rain and cold...and it is. I couldn't believe it when I woke up to such a beautiful morning, but now I wish I had brought my umbrella. Speaking of umbrellas... Citigroup is selling its umbrella trademark to St. Paul Travelers in an effort to unify its brands. Thank goodness the market doesn't reflect the weather; today, its quite the opposite. All three of the indexes broke their three-day falling streak with significant gains. There are rumors of a stock buyback for 3M, and GM was upgraded by analysts. Guess we get a little bit of sunshine after all. DJIA: +102.30 Nasdaq: +9.50 S&P 500: +10.89