Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Break

It's the first day of Spring Break in my neck of the woods, but I'm working while many are lolling on the beach. This past weekend produced glorious weather and sent me into the yard to plant and till. The early change to daylight savings time is adding to my spring fever. Everything is blooming here, and I LOVE it! Surely, this change in time will do what the retailers hope-- increase our spending! Speaking of retailers, Dollar General is being bought out by a private equity group. This is one of my favoritie stops, so I'm anxious about how this will affect my shopping experience. Subprime lenders got hit today, as more and more defaults are occurring in the mortgage market. This could point to bigger concerns, but you wouldn't know it from today's results. All indexes gained about 1/2%. DJIA +42.30 NASDAQ +14.74 S&P 500 +3.75