Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Monday, May 14, 2007

Back in the Saddle

For the past week, I've been watching the financial markets from my backyard. My daughter and her husband came home for a visit, and I've been enjoying time with them. They brought a cute little puppy named Rocky with them, and we found ourselves head over heels for this furry creature. Today is my first day back in the office, and I'm noting the merger and buyout activity. Chrysler is being bought by a private equity firm. It will be strange to see this giant turn back into a private company. The CPI report comes out tomorrow, and everyone will be on the lookout for inflation. Housing is still the question mark. The news on Chrysler caused the Dow to rise, while other indexes dropped. NASDAQ fell about 3/4%. With all this loose change running around, I'll be anxious to see who'll be bought next! DJIA +20.56 NASDAQ -15.78 S&P 500 -2.70