Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I WANT MY WSJ BACK!!

I spend my day reading news and stats, as I make decisions on investments and portfolio allocation. It's serious stuff. When I go to the hairdresser, I leave the serious reading material in the office. Instead, I ask for People magazine. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up my WSJ online and see the headline, "Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston Engaged." WHAT??? Not my WSJ! Retail sales for June were down. While this is no surprise, the news weighed down stocks today. Technology companies began reporting. The news was good, and guidance for the next quarter was better. The combination left us with a mixed bag today... or maybe it was that engagement thing! DJIA +3.70 NASDAQ +7.81 S&P 500 -0.17