Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

no straight answer

For the past few week I have been trying to get an insurance quote. Something fairly simple, right? After all, insurance companies advertise quotes all of the time. They pitch how easy it is to use their website or how friendly their customer service is.

Not for everything. Looking for the specific rates on fixed annuities has proved nearly impossible. Understandably the rate will vary with the annuitant's age and the amount of principal, but even given that, I can't seem to get an answer.

I generally view insurance products as complex and expensive, and this is not helping that stereotype. I'll stick with a diversified investment portfolio and top quality companies myself.