Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sex, Drugs, and Old Age

Clayton Kelly and his friends must be quite stupid. Don't they know that, beyond a certain age, no one cares about your sex life. In fact, beyond a certain age, ANYone with a sex life is lauded. Hallelujah! Hope for us all! But, we don't want to talk about it!

Senator Thad Cochran is 76 years old. I don't want to think about him having sex. Please, NO ONE should bring this up. I don't want that picture in my head. Hey, it's not like he's Donald Sterling saying idiotic things to his granddaughter/lover. The woman he is supposedly having an affair with is also in her 70s. Ohhh-- trying to get that picture out of my head!

WHO CARES!?!

So, the idea to sneak into St. Catherine's and take a picture of Cochran's demented wife to bolster their affair story might have come after a pot-smoking session or a night of heavy drinking, because no one in their right mind would have bothered. Don't they know that Americans don't care about senior citizens having sex or being demented or being in a nursing home?

We don't want to think about getting old at all! But I guess it beats talking about the real issues, like Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid. Dang, back to that old stuff!

And did Chris McDaniel know about this or have a hand in it or even know where St. Catherine's is? I really don't care about this either, other than to think he might be in the same category of stupid if he did.

But as I look at the young, virile McDaniel juxtaposed against the old, frail Cochran, I think, "Your time will come."

And then I know that my time will come, too. And I will want my Social Security check to show up every month. And I'll need Medicare to cover my infirmities. And if I run out of money because of years existing in a demented state, I'll need Medicaid.

Now, I'm reminded what this election should be about-- addressing the very real long-term budget issues we face.