Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Independent, Fee-Only Financial Advisor

Friday, September 18, 2020

All Things New(s)

  • Oracle is buying Tik-Tok. Don’t ask me what Tik-Tok is. I have no idea. I set up an account, but I’m still clueless. I think that just means I’m not 14 years old. Tik-Tok is just one company with ties to the Chinese government that has caused concerns about data collection. 

  • Snowflake’s IPO was a big success. I don’t really know what this is, either. It’s all about cloud computing. Maybe all your files will fall out of the sky during winter?? As with any IPO, caution is the word. Most are trading below the IPO price a year later. Buyer beware.

  • Retail is bouncing back, but not all retail is the same. Sixty percent of small businesses that closed during the pandemic are calling it quits for good. Meanwhile, Amazon is hiring like crazy. The world is being rearranged in front of our very eyes.  

  • The Federal Reserve announced plans to keep interest rates low through 2023. Many of you ask, “How is the stock market still so high when the economy is struggling?” The answer is the Federal Reserve and their power over the money supply. Low rates should continue to fuel all kinds of purchases, personal and business, for the next few years. Thank you Mr. Chairman. 

 

While the world is changing at breakneck speed, I find myself racing to keep pace. At New Perspectives, we are upgrading our systems. Our first training session is this afternoon. Light a candle for me.